Friday 9th May – Sunday 11th May 2014 Monaco
The Grand Prix de Monaco Historique will celebrate in 2014 its 9th edition, an unmissable event for worldwide collectors and classic motorsport fanatics.Organized since 1997 by the Automobile Club de Monaco, this “biennial” event will take place two weeks before the Grand Prix de Monaco de Formule 1. A real sprint race, contested on the legendary circuit of Monaco, The Grand Prix de Monaco Historique is designed for worldwide collectors, nostalgic enthusiasts, drivers, spectators and ardent supporters of former days’ mechanics, who definitely won’t miss this world event.Within two and a half days, from Friday 9th afternoon to Sunday, May 11th, 2014, thePrincipality of Monaco is going to be transformed into a real temple to turn back the clock.It is indeed about 50 years of motor racing will be commemorated, through 7 exceptional series:
- Series A : Pre-war “Voiturettes” and Grand-Prix Cars, from 1939 maximum
- Series B : Formula 1 and Formula 2 Grand Prix Cars, manufactured before 1961
- Series C : Sports Cars that ran from 1952 to 1955 (included)
- Series D : F1 Grand Prix Cars – 1500cc, from 1961 to 1965 (included)
- Series E : F1 Grand Prix Cars – from 1966 to 1972 (included)
- Series F : F1 Grand Prix Cars– from 1973 to 1978 included)
- Series G : Formula 3 Cars, 2 liters – from 1974 to 1978 included)
The changes from the previous edition are as follows:
The Sports Cars’ race is open to models that participated in international competitions from1952 to 1955 included (and not only for 1953 and before Sports Cars).
- The Formula 3 race is reserved to 2 liters from before 1979 (and not anymore from 1985).
The famous jewellery and watch manufacturer “Chopard” and the bank “Credit Suisse”involved in major international events such as “Historic” races and “Concours d’Elégance” will be the partners of the Automobile Club de Monaco on the occasion of this ninth edition of the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique.
- Monday, February 10, 2014: Closing date for entries
- Monday, February 24, 2014: Confirmation of selected cars
- Wednesday 7 & Thursday, May 8, 2014: Administrative checks and Scrutineering
- Friday, May 9, 2014: Drivers’ Briefing (11:30 a.m.)
- Practice sessions (2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, May 10, 2014: Practice sessions (8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
- Sunday, May 11, 2014: Races (9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)